Luxembourg Encouragement for Artists Prize LEAP22
Contemporary artists Sophie Jung (in 2016,) Laurianne Bixhain (in 2018), and Hisae Ikenaga (in 2020) all saw their work propelled into the limelight thanks to LEAP – The Luxembourg Encouragement for Artists Prize. Whose turn will it be this year?
The prize provides support for creatives from all disciplines, whose talent and vision have stood out recently and who are ready to take the next step. More than an award, LEAP offers the winning artist a springboard to greater visibility and a career in the contemporary art world.
For the LEAP’s 4th edition, presented by RTL, Rotondes has yet again tasked an international jury to select 4 artists among those who apply. Their innovative work will be showcased in Rotondes’ Galerie this autumn. The name of the winner will be announced at the opening of the collective exhibition. The award will without a doubt be a significant leap forward.
The members of the 2022 jury are:
- Alice Motard, director, CEAAC, Strasbourg
- Gertrud Peters, artistic director, KIT Düsseldorf
- Frank-Thorsten Moll, director, IKOB, Eupen
- Marc Gubbini, architect and art collector in Luxembourg
- Patrick Steffen, researcher and curator, Centre Pompidou-Metz